Free School Meals
Free School Meals (FSM)
A delicious cooked meal is available should your child be eligible for FSM. Once the school receive confirmation from NCC, SchoolGrid will be informed and the school will advise you of a start date.
How does FSM work?
1. First, check if you qualify – Free School Meals are offered to children whose parents receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income related Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under part V of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit; provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, you can telephone (01604) 366656, apply on-line at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals or text ‘FSM’ followed by your full name, National Insurance Number, your child’s name and school name to 60622. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you would like your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great - they will get the free meal (saving you more than £437.00 a year!)
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals - they can continue with a packed lunch as normal - as long as you qualify and are registered, the school will also receive a Pupil Premium (currently £1,300.00 per child.) This money is in addition to our main school budget and can be used to support your child in various ways.